The Value of Employee Training and Development to Your Organization
Why should your organization provide training for its employees?
Staying relevant and competitive is the key to maintaining an effective presence in the marketplace. Providing the opportunity to your employees to advance their competence and keeping them motivated and current with trends and new technologies is fundamental to achieving this outcome.
Multiple research studies, old and new, indicate the significant increase in labour productivity resulting from targeted training. Research has also drawn correlations between training and development of employees and a number of other related positive results for organizations, ultimately leading to the same success outcomes. Studies are also showing that leading edge organizations are investing much more heavily in the competencies of their employees with double digit percentage increases in each of the last several years dating back to 2010.
Association for Talent Development (formerly known as American Society for Training and Development) data show that organizations spend between one and three percent of their total payroll on training. Although particular needs may vary on a per-person basis, the average spent on training is approaching $850CDN per employee per year, and in leading-edge organizations that figure nearly doubles to more than $1500CDN per employee per year.
While the significant upward trend is coincident with the improving economy there are lots of reasons that forward thinking organizations are making this kind of investment. Providing effective training and competency development for your employees results in many benefits to your organization:
- Higher levels of employee engagement and commitment and the increased strength of an individual’s identification with and involvement in the organization
- Fewer staff changes because of increased staff morale and a positive work culture
- Employees who are committed to learning show a higher level of job satisfaction with a positive effect on their performance
- Job satisfaction as a positive emotional state resulting from a positive appraisal of the job or job experiences
- Greater productivity from improved efficiency and effectiveness of employees
- Reduction of workplace accidents and lost time
- Greater adaptability to changes in processes resulting from knowledge of advancements in approaches and methods
- Retention of knowledge and skills “locally” within the organization.
- Development of future leaders from within the organization.
For more information or insight into how well designed training can help you achieve your objectives, contact us at ASSOCIUM and pick our brains with no-obligation. We are here to help.
 Locke, 1976; Peters & Waterman, 1982; Becker & Gerhard, 1996; Cheng and Ho, 2001; Davenport, 2006; Bowling, 2007; Pool & Pool, 2007; Tsai, Yen, Huang and Huang, 2007; Tsai et al., 2007; ASTD, 2011; Bersin By Deloitte, 2013; Tahir, Yousefzai, Jan, Hashim, 2014.
Through our collaborative approaches, innovative HR products and customized advisory solutions we impact four leadership priorities: managing risk, driving productivity, strengthening talent capabilities and supporting your bottom line. Let’s connect to find out how ASSOCIUM Consultants can help your organization.