Following up on our announcement at the 2015 Nelson Johnson Memorial (NJM) Golf Invitational, ASSOCIUM is excited to launch a new micro-funding program aimed at assisting promising entrepreneurial projects in the community. ASSOCIUM’s procurement services division has spent 20 years working with both the not-for-profit and private sectors, and we see the ASSOCIUM Community Chest as another opportunity to contribute positively to the sustainability of our communities. We see the need for an incubator for social enterprise to assist talented and enterprising individuals capable of succeeding, if given appropriate and adequate support. ASSOCIUM GAIN’s member base of not-for-profit organizations assists their clients every day, so it only makes sense that we start there. ASSOCIUM’s ongoing charitable endeavours will fund this grant program, including the NJM Golf Invitational. Our member organizations’ clients will be eligible to become the beneficiaries of this program.
- ASSOCIUM GAIN members are invited to submit promising ideas their clients wish to pursue.
- Chosen ideas will be provided with a professional consultant to assist in the development of viable business plans.
- Business plans will be presented to a panel of advocates from the not-for-profit community for consideration.
- The panel will award the grants.
- Consultations will occur throughout the year in order to assist recipients in establishing their businesses.
- Successful businesses emerging from the ASSOCIUM Community Chest program will be expected to contribute back into the fund, furthering the cycle of community support.
Help us raise funds for charity and get more visibility for your company among existing or potential clients. Please consider sponsoring a hole and complete the registration form if you are interested in attending the golf tournament of the season!